Health & Hygiene at The Machrie
Our routines have significantly increased in their scope and frequency to ensure that we have the highest standards of hygiene in the public areas of the hotel and golf course.
Our rooms are deep cleaned every day with our specialist range of antibacterial products and our staff are fully trained on their proper utilisation with emphasis on high contact areas. The housekeeping team wear both gloves and masks in the normal course of their duties and are provided with PPE. They will maintain social distancing at all times. Our mini bars will not be stocked but will be supplied with bottles of water which will be replaced after every stay. Glasses, mugs and spoons will be removed after each departure regardless of whether they have been used as well as linen and towels. We have removed books and games from the rooms and the inhouse guide is available via a QR code. Our turndown service will be suspended.
please let reception know if you would prefer out team not to visit your room during your stay. If you choose this option, we will not service your room but offer supplies to you on demand. If you are staying for a longer period, a deep clean at any point can be arranged with 24 hours notice.
please let us know before arrival or at check-in if you require this service. Items will be delivered to your room and we would respect social distancing once the door is opened.
Restaurant and Bar
We are lucky that we have so much space at the Machrie. Our light and airy restaurant 18 and terrace has been set up to meet social distancing guidelines. We would ask you to book in advance so that we can best manage the flow of guests. We may operate two sittings during higher demand lunch and dinner periods to avoid overcrowding. Our bar will only offer a table service. The kitchen will be deep cleaned at least once a day and food preparation stations are sanitised at least once an hour.
Our servers will take orders at a safe distance and our menus will be available digitally on your mobile via a QR code if you do not wish to have the option of a disposable single use menu. Everything that can be sanitised will be sanitised. Our chinaware, cutlery and glassware passes through our dishwashers which comply with food safety regulations. Your table will be laid on your arrival at your table. All reusable items such as condiments will be sanitised after each use.
will be served at your table in the restaurant. We would ask guests to pre-book a breakfast slot so that we can stagger the numbers in the restaurant.
Gym and Spa
the Gym is open but a reservation is required from reception. All equipment will be sanitised after each use. Currently the Spa is not able to open at present due to government guidelines.
We are following guidance issued by Scottish Golf and other relevant governing bodies. The golf guidelines are available below.
Only occupants of one room are permitted in our lifts at any one time but all rooms can be accessed by a single flight of stairs although these will be operated on a one way basis to maintain social distancing.
Every member of our team has received training on our new Covid-19 health and safety protocols. We will follow the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace guidelines and have received our Visit Scotland “GOOD TO GO” certificate. This means that our team will undergo temperature checks on a daily basis and have new 15 minute handwashing protocols.
We know that the best laid plans can go awry which is why we are currently offering no charges for changes through our “Freedom” flexible rates. This means that if you come down with any flu like symptoms before your travel you can reschedule your booking to a later date.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help
Health & Hygiene at The Golf Course
The Machrie is following the guidance of the relevant governing golf bodies to develop an appropriate framework for play to protect the health and wellbeing of our team and guests. Please make use of the hand sanitisation station at the entrance of the hotel.
Procedures for Golfers
In advance of play
- If you are ill or have any symptoms of Covid-19 then stay at home
- Individuals who are in the highest risk (shielding) can play but should take all reasonable precautions
- All tee times must be booked in advance
- Tee group sizes will be determined by the Machrie
- Ensure you have enough golf balls, tees etc as facilities such as the locker rooms, toilets, pro shop and practice facilities are currently closed
- Aim to arrive no more than 15 minutes before play
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate social distancing
- Change your shoes in the car park
On the course
- Insist on social distancing on tee grounds, greens and throughout the rounds
- There are no tee markers so play from your desired tee (please reframe from teeing up directly opposite the yardage sleeper
- Rakes and other pieces of course furniture that golfers may touch have been removed including the pins on all the putting greens
- The greenkeeping team will prepare the course and where possible rake the bunkers. Golfers can smooth out footprints with their feet
- Benches were possible have been removed. Any remaining should not be used
- Golfers should only pick up their own ball
- Do not share any equipment such as golf clubs or rangefinders
- Do not touch the flag or flatstick and remove your own ball from hole not with a golf stick. Anything within two feet or agreeable distance is a “gimme”. Spacers have been placed in the hole to make retrieving the ball easier.
- Do no shake hands after your game
- The airline for cleaning shoes following the round is not operating