Enjoy Islay from the Water
Try Kayaking where you will have the opportunity to discover beautiful places and view wildlife using the ideal transport.
Along the way your guide will introduce you to the areas of abundant wildlife, you may spot seals, herons, arctic terns, black guillemots and even the elusive otter in its natural environment. Whilst otter sightings can’t be guaranteed, we do see them regularly from the kayaks. The silent mobility of sea kayaks enables us to explore a world of remote islands, skerries and stunning beaches and discover hidden lagoons and bays.
Half day Kayak Tours exploring the coastline of Islay. Approximately 3 hours including a stop for a hot drink and a bit of the famous flapjack along the way. We can also arrange full day tours If you’re a more experienced kayaker. This option gives us the possibility to explore Texa or further along the coast past Ardbeg.
- Wetsuit or dry trousers
- Paddling Jacket
- Buoyancy aid, spraydeck and paddle – left-handed ones are available
- Pogies or mitts to keep your hands toasty warm!
- Qualified guide – I will be your tour guide and will show you the best bits and take lots of photos!
- Your kayak! – we have 2 kid-sized kayaks and 1 double kayak, both options allow 8 year olds and upwards to join in.
- Leggings or shorts
- Thermal top or fleece
- Extra layer – a drybag is available
- Hat or sunhat – yes it can get sunny even in Islay!
- Sunglasses and if you prefer your own, suntan lotion
- Waterproof camera – only if you have one, don’t worry the guide will have one and the photos are included as a memory of your trip
from 9:30 to 12:30-1pm or 2pm to 5-5:30pm
- 2 nights overnight accommodation
- Full Scottish breakfast
- 2 x half day Kayaking Sessions, includes all equipment
- Complimentary wi-fi
August & September 2021
From £320 per room, per night
October 2021 – March 2022
From £230 per room, per night
Book This Offer